Learnership Agreement Registration Procedures
a. Employers Registered with Fasset wishing to implement a Fasset Learnership:
- Apply for accreditation as
an accredited workplace training provider with the professional body or
AQP responsible for the learnership, or with Fasset (as applicable)
- Register the learner with the relevant professional body and/or training provider
- Sign an employment contract with the learner
- Sign a Learnership Agreement with the learner
- Submit the Learnership Agreement to Fasset together with the following:
- Proof of learner registration with the professional body or AQP, if applicable
- Employer accreditation status with professional body or AQP (copy of letter/certificate), if applicable
- Copy of the learner’s employment contract
- Certified copy of the learner’s ID document
The Learnership Agreement and other supplementary documentation can be accessed under the Downloads section of the website.
- Learnership regulations require the Seta to decide if it will register the agreement within 7 days of receipt.
- Learnership regulations require the SETA to register the learnership agreement within 21 days of that decision.
- If the agreement has any outstanding information, the
learnership agreement will be returned to the employer, accompanied by a
letter indicating reasons for non-registration. The employer may
resubmit the learnership agreement, together with all required
- If all the required documents are attached, Fasset will
issue the employer with a Confirmation letter. The Confirmation letter
may be used to claim the SARS income tax deduction.
b.Employers Registered with Fasset wishing to implement a Learnership from another Seta
- Contact the SETA to which the learnership belongs to
ascertain if the employer fulfils all the requirements to implement the
- Complete the Fasset learnership agreement and submit it to Fasset.
- Fasset will register the Learnership Agreement and issue the employer with a confirmation letter.
c. Employers not Registered with Fasset wishing to implement a Fasset Learnership
- The employer contacts the relevant professional body / AQP / Fasset to become an accredited workplace provider.
- Once accredited, the employer completes their SETA’s learnership agreement.
- The employer submits the learnership agreement to their SETA.
- The Learnership Agreement will be registered by the other SETA.